What is high temperature wire and cable？
What is high temperature wire and cable？
The high temperature cable is a wire and cable with multiple strands of soft copper as the conductor. The selection of heat-resistant and high-temperature wires and cables is determined by the needs of the two uses. One is that the working temperature of the wire and cable is relatively high, and the cable can normally transmit signals or electric energy for a long time in high temperature weather; the other is the power engineering transmission cable, which is usually used to improve the professional ability of the interceptor.
一、What are the characteristics of high temperature wire and cable?
Among the unique cable types, high temperature cables and high temperature wires have been a key development trend. Although the power loss of high-temperature cables is slightly larger, in some relatively high-temperature places, general cables are easily damaged, and high-temperature cables can operate safely, which is an indispensable type for modern military industries.
Heat-resistant and high-temperature wires and cables are usually determined by two regulations. One is that the working temperature of the wire and cable is relatively high, and the cable can normally transmit signals or electric energy for a long time in high temperature weather; the other is the power engineering transmission cable, which is usually used to improve the professional ability of the interceptor.
Cables operating in high temperature environments. Generally speaking, cables are prone to aging of cable sheaths at high temperatures. The feature of using the missing cable suffers and is difficult to use. High temperature cables can work normally and stably at rated current and high temperature environment. Signal or power transfer characteristics have little effect. It also ensures that the cables have a relatively long lifespan. This type of action cable is a common type of high temperature cable, and its application characteristics are also helpful for understanding.
The main purpose of adding high-temperature cables is to ensure that the cable aperture and net weight are reduced under the premise of carrying current, and to develop into lightweight cables. Generally speaking, the working temperature of the cable is higher, according to the more current-carrying capacity of the cable with the same section, the working temperature rises from 90°C to 155°C, and then the professional current-carrying capacity increases by 50%. Likewise, the net key of the cable is halved and the cost is reduced to a certain extent, at the ampacity of the cable and the cable. In addition, the power loss of most cable jacket raw materials will increase to some extent.
二、What should be paid attention to during the transportation and loading and unloading of high-temperature wires and cables?
In the process of transportation and loading and unloading, the cables and cable reels should not be damaged. It is strictly forbidden to push the cable reels directly off the vehicle. Generally, the cables should not be transported and stored flat. Before transporting or turning the cable reel, it is necessary to ensure that the cable reel is firm, the cable is tightly wound, and the oil pipe between the oil-filled cable and the pressure oil tank should be fixed without damage, the power oil tank should be firm, and the pressure indication should meet the requirements.
三、 What measures are there for fire prevention of high temperature wires and cables?
1. Use flame retardant cables. Use fireproof cable tray. Use fire retardant paint. Fireproof partition walls and fireproof baffles shall be installed at cable tunnels and interlayer exits.
2. The discharge cable should avoid oil pipelines and explosion-proof doors, otherwise, local pipe penetration or heat insulation and fire prevention measures should be taken.
四、 What are the reasons for the aging of wires and cables in daily life?
1. The surrounding environment and temperature, external factors of wires and cables and heat sources can also cause the cable temperature to be too high. Insulation breakdown, even explosion and fire.
2. Long-term overload operation, due to the heating effect of the current, the load current will cause the electrical conductor to pass through the cable, as well as the skin effect of free charges and the eddy current loss of the steel armor. The consumption of the insulating medium also generates additional heat, which increases the temperature of the cable.
3. Corrosion: Wires and cables are immediately buried in areas of strong acid and strong alkali, which usually leads to corrosion of the armored cable, tin drop or outer sheath of the cable. Due to long-term corrosion or electrolytic corrosion, the protective layer is ineffective and the insulation layer is reduced, which will also cause common faults in wires and cables.
4. Common faults of wire and cable connectors. The cable connector is the stage when the cable line is insufficient. In the design of the cable connector, if the connector sleeve is too loose, the heating is not complete and other factors, the insulation layer of the cable head will be reduced, resulting in a safety accident. .