Features and uses of armored cables
Armored cables are made of different material conductors packed in metal sleeves with insulating materials and processed into a bendable solid assembly. Commonly used armoring materials include steel strip, steel wire, aluminum strip, aluminum tube, etc. Among them, the steel strip and steel wire armor layer have high magnetic permeability and good magnetic shielding effect, which can be used to resist low-frequency interference and make the armor The armored cable is laid directly without passing through the pipe. The common armoring methods include steel tape armoring and steel wire armoring, and the steel wire armoring is divided into thin steel wire armoring and thick steel wire armoring.
一、 Features of armored cable:
Armored cables are generally fixed-laid power cables. Generally speaking, they are fixed in one place and basically do not move, and the power line transmits electric energy. In addition to the above, the purpose of adding an armor layer to the cable can also enhance mechanical protection such as tensile strength and compressive strength to prolong the service life.
The large bending radius of the armor and the advantages of being grounded make the armor have a certain resistance to external forces, and it can also prevent mice from biting, so as not to cause power transmission problems through the armor, so as to protect the cable.
二、Application of armored cable:
1. The purpose of adding an armor layer to the cable is not only to enhance the mechanical protection such as tensile strength and compressive strength to extend the service life, but also to improve the anti-interference performance of the cable through shielding protection.
2. Commonly used armoring materials include steel strip, steel wire, aluminum strip, aluminum tube, etc. Among them, the steel strip and steel wire armor layer have magnetic permeability and good magnetic shielding effect, and can be used to resist low-frequency interference.
3. Cables of any structure can increase the mechanical strength and corrosion resistance of the cable by adding the mechanical protection layer of the armored cable. Therefore, it becomes a wire and cable designed for areas that are vulnerable to machinery and are extremely vulnerable to corrosion.
三、 Model of armored cable:
Armored control cables: KVV22, KYJV22, KVVR22;
Armored shielded cable: RVVP22, KVVP22, DJYVP;
Armored power cables: YJV22, VV22, YJY22, YJLV22;
Armored flame retardant cables: ZC-YJV22, ZC-KVV22, ZC-HYA22;
If you want to know more information about wires and cables, pay attention to Henan Changjiang Cable Co., Ltd. Henan Changjiang Cable is a professional control cable manufacturer with a history of more than 20 years.
The product series include RVV sheathed wire, RVVP shielded wire, KVV control cable, KVVP shielded control cable, KVVR control flexible cable, KVVRP shielded control flexible cable, RVS twisted pair, RVSP shielded pair, DJYPVP computer cable, etc.
四、How to distinguish between armored cables and non-armored cables?
1. The structure of the two is different. Compared with the unarmored cable, the armored cable has an additional metal reinforcement layer on the surface.
2. The scope of application of the two is different. The armored cable has a reinforced layer on the surface, which is suitable for use when buried underground, while the non-armored cable has no reinforced layer on the surface, so it is generally not suitable for buried underground, but other This is usually the case with unarmoured cables.