What is the difference between BV and BVR commonly used in household fire resistant cable？
When laying household wires, we mostly choose high temperature and fire resistant cable, but there are many types of specifications, such as BV wires, BVR wires, etc. Since many people do not understand the difference between the two in decoration, they will not let the wires achieve the highest use value in use. If you don’t know them very well, the following editor will introduce BV wire and BVR wire in detail for you. the difference?
一、What are BV and BVR wires?
1. BV wire, the Chinese name is also called plastic copper wire, and the full name is also called polyvinyl chloride insulated cloth wire, and here b stands for cloth wire, and v stands for polyvinyl chloride, this kind of wire generally comes from It is said that it is suitable for a voltage of 450 or 750 volts, and it is more suitable as a daily electricity.
2. The bvr wire has one more r than the bv wire, and it also uses polyvinyl chloride wire. However, if the materials are different, then it has other classifications. For example, it has the effect of flame retardancy. This kind of wire is called flame-retardant wire, and there are also fire resistant cable, which can be flexibly used according to different occasions.
二、The difference between wire bv and bvr
First of all, the materials of the wires bv and bvr are the same, both of which are copper core PVC insulated wires. However, the difference in the conductor material makes it also very different.
1. The hardness of the two is different: BV wires are generally single-core copper wires, and BVR wires are multi-strand flexible wires. BV wire is relatively hard, generally suitable for relatively hidden places, has a long service life, and is not easy to be oxidized. Because of its hardness, BV wire is difficult to bend, so it is difficult to restore after bending, and once bent It is then prone to wear and tear, causing the wiring to fail.
The wires of bvr are generally multi-core wires, which are relatively soft and can be worn through pipes, which is also more convenient during construction. However, BVR wires are easily oxidized, and their service life will be slightly shorter. If the surrounding environment is relatively humid, the oxidation speed will also be accelerated.
2. The power consumption is different: if it is a bv line, it is a single-core line, which is more suitable for use under 450 or 750 volts. If it is a bvr wire, its applicable voltage is generally around 300~500 volts.
3. Different ampacity: If the cross-sectional area of the two is the same, the ampacity of the bvr wire is higher than that of the bv wire, and the power will be greater, and the wattage of the electrical appliances that can be tolerated will be higher.
4. Different prices: The price of BVR flame-retardant wires is relatively higher than that of BV wires in the market.
三、Is it better to choose BV or BVR fire resistant cable for household wires?
If it is used for wiring, we can choose bv wire. Because the bv wire is more convenient to connect, if you choose bvr wire, not only the construction is slower, but also the service life is not as long as bv, so you can directly choose bv wire, which is more suitable for home use, its carrying capacity and power are both able to meet the electricity demand. Because of the difference in softness and hardness between BV wires and BVR fire-resistant wires, we also need to choose which cable to use according to specific usage scenarios.
1. BV wire (hard wire), suitable for power supply, lighting, socket, air conditioner and other areas, such as household appliances, instruments and telecommunication equipment can use BV wire, and it will be more convenient to operate at the corner position.
2. BVR fire-resistant wires (soft wires), suitable for cables and wires used in household appliances, instruments and telecommunication equipment, such as distribution boxes. Soft wires are more complicated than hard wires, and have a larger carrying capacity than hard wires.