How to install low voltage cables correctly?
Among all kinds of engineering facilities today, the installation of power cables is always one of the most important tasks. It is related to whether the engineering facilities can have good power supply and lighting conditions after completion. As we all know, power cables are often divided into high voltage cables and low voltage cables. Among them, high-voltage cables are often used in main roads for power transmission, while low voltage cables are often used in branch roads for power transmission.
Scope of application of low voltage cables
The low-voltage cable is composed of three parts: a core, an insulating layer and a protective layer. The core is used to conduct current and is generally made of multiple strands of copper wire or multiple strands of aluminum wire. There are several types of low-voltage cables, such as single-core, double-core, three-core, and four-core. Two-core cables are used for single-phase circuits, three-core and four-core cables are used for three-phase three-line and three-phase lines respectively, and single-core cables can be used for single-phase or three-phase lines as required. Low-voltage cables are mainly used to transmit power and signal current.
Requirements for connection joints of low voltage cables:
1. The cable joint should be firm and reliable, and should be insulated to keep the insulation strength of the cable;
2. Low-voltage cable joints cannot be single-tensioned;
3. Under the premise that the low-voltage cable joint meets the requirements, the dressing should be beautiful.
How to install low voltage cables？
1. The correct installation of low-voltage cables should ensure that the appearance of low-voltage cables is complete. If there are obvious stains on the outer insulation layer of the low-voltage cable, it should be cleaned before installation; if there are obvious bulges, dents, defects or serious scratches on the outer insulation layer of the low-voltage cable, then it should be avoided in this section of the cable. In order to prevent accidents from happening.
2. The correct installation of low voltage cables should ensure that the appearance of the low-voltage cable connectors is intact. If the connector of the low-voltage cable has obvious damage, cracks, cracks and rust, it means that the connector should not be used any more; if the connector housing and pins of the low-voltage cable have plating Falling off, uneven plating, or bad conditions such as missing pins, broken pins, shrinking pins, and bent pins, then this also means that this connector should no longer be used.
3. The correct installation of low voltage cables should ensure that the installation of low-voltage cables complies with safety regulations. Operators should use proprietary tools and follow correct operating methods to install low voltage cables. When cutting wires, a margin for processing loss should be reserved; when stripping the insulation layer, it is strictly forbidden to damage the shielding layer, insulation, core wire conductors, and cable sheaths that do not need to be processed; it is strictly forbidden to touch the stripped cable core wires directly with bare hands Conductor, the stripped conductor should be processed in time to prevent the surface of the conductor from being oxidized.
In addition to the above correct installation methods, the installation of low-voltage cables should also comply with the surrounding environmental conditions. It is forbidden to install low-voltage cables in high-temperature, humid and corrosive environments to prevent the cables from being strongly corroded. If the low-voltage cable installation line really needs to pass through the above-mentioned environment, then the low-voltage cable can be placed in the cable duct for protection, so that the working life of the low-voltage cable can be extended. Of course, you can also purchase good-quality and inexpensive low-voltage cables before the installation operation to ensure the quality of the installation operation.
The above are the joint requirements and installation methods of low voltage cable installation. Before installation, please make sure the low-voltage cable connectors are in good condition. If the low-voltage cable installation line really needs to pass through the above-mentioned environment, it can be protected in the cable duct. They can extend the working life. Of course, you can also purchase low-voltage cables with good quality and low cost before installation to ensure the installation quality.