What is a welding cables?
Introduction of welding cable and its structure
The welding cable is also called the welding machine cable, which is a special cable used for the secondary side wiring of the welding machine and connecting the welding machine fixture and the welding machine. The welding machine cable is a single-core structure, a welding cable consists of mainly composed of multiple copper wire groups, and the multiple copper wire groups form the conductor part of the welding machine cable, so the YH cable has a thicker body and hundreds of copper wires. The insulating layer of the cable is mainly pure natural rubber, and the copper wire is made of oxygen-free copper, which ensures the good conductivity of the core and the safety and reliability of the cable product.
Welding machine cable model, specification
1. YH cable: the insulating layer and protective wire are combined into one layer, the thickness is thicker, the thickness is more than 1.8mm, and the raw material is natural rubber mixture;
2. YHF cable: neoprene mixture or rubber mixture as insulation layer, neoprene mixture as sheath.
What are the general specifications and models of welding machine cables? The model specifications of welding cables are generally 16 square meters, 25 square meters, 35 square meters, 50 square meters, 70 square meters, 95 square meters, 120 square meters, etc.
Electric welding machine cable specification
Welding machine cables are suitable for switching power supply connections of mobile electrical equipment with a rated current of 450/750V and below. Its products are suitable for 6-core rubber insulated cables with rated currents up to and including 450/750V.
Scope of use
This product is suitable for the secondary side wiring and connection of welding clamps for electric welding machines with an AC voltage of no more than 200V and a pulsating DC peak value of 400V. It is a special cable suitable for welding the secondary side of the welding machine and connecting the welding clamp. The rated voltage AC does not exceed 200V and the peak value of pulsating DC is 400V.
Precautions during use:
(1) YH cables work under the condition of low voltage (maximum voltage 200V) and high current, which requires certain resistance.
(2) The long-term allowable working temperature of the welding handle cable should not exceed 65°C.
(3) The motor leads and welding cables are frequently moved, twisted and released, requiring softness and good bending performance.
(4) It is easy to be scratched and rubbed by sharp mechanical objects during deployment, so the cable insulation is required to have good mechanical properties such as tear resistance and wear resistance.
(5) The use of complex environmental conditions, such as sunlight, boiling water, contact with muddy water, engine oil, acid-base liquids, etc., requires certain weather resistance, oil resistance, and solvent resistance.
(6) Sometimes hot welded parts are encountered, and good heat deformation resistance is required.
Safety requirements for buried cables
1. When the electricity crosses each other, the high-voltage cable should be placed under the low-voltage cable. If one of the cables is protected by a pipe or separated by a partition within 1m before and after the intersection point, the minimum allowable distance is 0.15m.
2. When the cable is close to or crosses the heat pipeline, if there are heat insulation measures, the minimum distances of parallel and crossing are 0.5m and 0.15m respectively.
3. When the cable crosses the railway or road, it should be protected by a pipe, and the protection pipe should extend 2m beyond the track or road.
4. The distance between the cable and the foundation of the building should be able to ensure that the cable is buried outside the scattered water of the building. If the cable is protected by a pipeline, the introduction of the protective pipe should also be outside the scattered water of the building.